Thursday Aug 25 2011 comments Propane Fire in Lincoln By: Michael Kirby/Gold Country News Service -A +A The fire burned into the night Wedenesday before extinguishing itself early Thursday morning. Specialized experts arrived to help extinguish the blaze and were working on a solution Wednesday evening. Water kept the tank cool for two days. Lincoln Fire Department on the scene Wednesday evening. News crews were on site covering the action as it happened Wednesday afternoon. Rail car still burning late in the afternoon on Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon unmanned fire hoses sprayed the tank constantly with water to keep it cool. Lincoln residents were evacuated as a precaution. Lincoln Police Detective J.P. Shaw (L) was assisting with diverting traffic from a closed Hwy. 65 in Lincoln Tuesday afternoon. The fire broke out on Tuesday just before noon one block from Lincoln High School. A rail car storing propane caught fire. Lincoln Fire Department responded. Jeremy Kettlehut a volunteer with the Salvation Army Roseville Corps was handing out water at the emergency center at the Lincoln Community Center Wednesday. Volunteer Janet Bowker (R), owner of B & B Bar-BQ in Lincoln served Donna Smith of Lincoln a hot dog Wednesday at the Lincoln Community Center emergency center.